What is AFC Urgent Care Telemedicine (Virtual Visit)?
Telehealth in Charlotte, NC
We’ll bring the Medical Provider to you! Enjoy the comfort of staying at home, while receiving care from an AFC Urgent Care Provider though your computer or smartphone. The entire appointment process is completed online and can be booked 7 days a week! Our telemedicine hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday & Sunday 8am to 5pm.
How much does an appointment cost?
The cost of a virtual visit is $75 prior to the video conference. If insurance information is provided, a claim will be filed on your behalf, includes Medicaid and Medicare patients.
How do I make an appointment?
Once visit is confirmed Please verify that all paperwork is complete and accurate, complete credit card information and make sure phone number listed is a number you can be reached at.
What happens once I have made an appointment?
Prior to your appointment you will receive a call from our AFC medical staff with a few medical history questions to prepare our providers for your call.
Once your provider is ready for your appointment, you will receive a text message with a link where you will join the video chat.
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Canker Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, styes
- Female urinary tract infections
- Head Lice
- Infected toenail or fingernail
- Minor Burns
- Minor Rashes (e.g. Impetigo, Shingles, Ringworm)
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
**Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Pelvic/genital/rectal/breast exams
- No suturing
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits
- No Referrals to specialists
- No Physicals or Sport Physicals
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care
No Children under 6 months of age.