If the stress of the world lately is starting to take a toll on you, please know that you are far from alone. Life these days is a bit crazy. But with that said, it is important to not let stress get the upper hand, especially when it comes to your health.
Our team at AFC Urgent Care South Charlotte wants you to know the effects stress can take on your overall health, as well as ways you can better manage your stress now and for years to come.
Who Experiences Stress?
Everyone experiences stress at some point in life. A small level of stress is actually completely normal and can even be a positive, since it can help motivate you.
But too much stress can have harmful effects on your physical and mental health, which is why it’s important to find effective ways to manage stress.
Symptoms of Stress
- Low energy
- Upset stomach, including diarrhea, constipation and nausea
- Aches, pains and tense muscles
- Chest pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Frequent colds and infections
What Can Stress Do to My Health If I Don’t Learn to Manage It?
When you let stress just take over, it can do more than simply causing uncomfortable symptoms. Prolonged or severe stress can increase your risk of many different serious health conditions, including heart disease and stroke.
As a result, you want to learn healthy ways to manage stress.
Ways to Manage Stress
- Limit caffeine intake.
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine.
- Make sure you are getting plenty of exercise.
- Get between seven and nine hours of sleep each night.
- Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
- Talk to a loved one or a therapist.
- Keep a journal.
- Learn how to better manage your time.
Are you not feeling like yourself? Are you feeling more stressed than normal? Visit AFC Urgent Care South Charlotte today for medical care. No appointment is necessary!